Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm Baaaaaack...

Hello, fellow readers!

I am very sorry. I believe I need a reprieve. Sometimes life happens and things get ignored. This blog is a thing. This blog was ignored, but I am back! I have come up with a small list of books I might have chosen from for the month of October.
1. Anything by Poe
2. Silence of the Lambs
3. R.L. Stine did indeed write an adult horror book. I intended to seek it out and read it!
4. a book on the Salem witch trials.
5. The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl. An impulse buy at the college book store. It was on sale for $5.00!
6. There are three books about the torture of "Sylvia Likens": House of Evil: The Indiana Torture Slaying by Natty Bumppo; By Sanction of the Victim by Patte Wheat; and The Girl Next Door by Jack Ketchum. One of those would be nice to read
7. Stephen King book
8. Macbeth
9. War of the Worlds
10. The Entity by Frank de Felitta
11. Bram Stoker's Dracula
12. The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty

I decided on a book by Stephen King because I've never read one of his books. I wanted a book by him that might not be as popular as The Shining, for instance. I had never heard of The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon. It seemed appropriate for the time. It's a Stephen King novel that contains an underlying baseball theme. It seemed particularly fitting because I cannot seem to be able to escape Texas Ranger fever! Baseball and Halloweenie! We shall see how this turns out!

I have already started to book. I'll be posting vocabulary as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment